We are currently looking for a (senior) scientist fibrosis
About the role
The (senior) scientist brings expert knowledge about biochemical, pharmaceutical and mechanistic aspects of fibrosis to the company. You are familiar with research on molecular fibrosis targets and pharmaceutical solutions in that field. You understand preclinical and clinical science and contribute to translational work to both research and development. You share knowledge to keep BiOrion fully up-to-date on the latest news and developments in the industry.
You contribute to pre-clinical proof of concept and work together with a small team on the development of fibrosis-related product concepts. You will do experimental laboratory work by yourself, as well you work closely together with a small team of technicians. You frequently report progress of your experimental work.
What we expect
• You keep an MSc or PhD in biology, biomedical sciences, biochemistry, life sciences, or equivalent.
• Have a background in biochemistry, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, molecular biology
• Have experience in renal, lung or liver fibrosis or fibrotic cancer stroma
• Have an affinity with (bio)pharmaceutical research and translational science
• Be a results-oriented team player, pro-active and hands-on, pragmatic and solution-oriented attitude
• Have good data reporting and presenting skills (internally/externally)
• Have the ability to work successfully in a small organization.
What we offer
You will be part of a (very) small company. When the results from our development programs are excellent, we aim to become a fast growing and great company to work for. Remuneration is at CAO university level.
Please send your CV and cover letter, stating the title of the position you are applying for, to email@example.com